The Company and The Role
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in around 60 countries.
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Quality Control Technician
. The position will provide material sampling for the Western New York and Honeoye Falls plant. The technician will run daily samples from our operation and relay the information to the plant operators to make adjustments if needed. The technician will be responsible for inputting data into AGG QC and maintaining the lab equipment.
This position resides in Bath, NY
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / DisabledWhat you will get to do:
What we are looking for:
- List and test quality control samples
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures.
- Document test results
- Provide feedback to management to ensure the production process yields product that is in compliance with specifications
- Maintain and calibrate testing equipment
- Review and discuss test results with state representatives, provide assistance to state representative in testing and sampling
- Prepare and supply certifications for material shipped
- Control and direct aggregates stock piles to ensure proper product mixtures and prevent contamination.
- Ensure compliance with company requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of required guidelines along with monitoring for compliance.
- Lifting of 50 lb. samples
Benefits & Compensation
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in QC testing; aggregates (gravel, limestone, fine sand and concrete sand) preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Lab Equipment.
- Demonstrable high communication skills (verbal and written)
- Basic proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please.
Associated topics: business, company, compliance, compliance office, corporate, courtroom, internal, legal affairs, llp, market