This position operates an attraction or works with a small group of attractions within an assigned location. Responsible for proper operation of ride while informing Guests of and enforcing ride rules. Also, handle Guest situations and maintain the cleanliness of the ride, ride area, and entire park. Ensures that the company Cornerstones and Best Day initiatives are followed.Qualifications
- Ability to obtain an International Ride Operator Certification. Classes will be provided by employer.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Test equipment daily before opening the ride to Guests
- Ensure safe operation of ride maintaining focus on ride area, Guests, and fellow attendants at all times
- Assist with the loading and unloading of ride to including helping with Guests with disabilities
- Verify that safety restraints and belts are correctly secured before the ride is set into motion
- Take appropriate action to answer or resolve guest questions and concerns and assist other associates if possible
- Measure children with height stick and enforce ride admission requirements
- Record ride capacity and cycles
- Give directions and deliver ride spiel using a microphone when necessary
- Enforce ride restrictions and recommendations
- Fill out all necessary paperwork each day and follow break guidelines set forth by the company.
- Know when to open and shut down ride location and notify appropriate personnel when any problems arise
- Ensure accuracy of the opening procedures checklist
- Keep all ride areas clean with proper cleaning supplies for a positive Guest experience
- Understand attraction downtimes and help assist with ride evacuations if necessary
- Encourage other associates as well as yourself to perform up to the highest level on a daily basis while following all operational procedures
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's/WOF attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's/WOF Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Associated topics: crime, night watch, night watchman, patrol, police, police department, prison, probation officer, safety officer, siu