Position Overview The Multifamily division of Freddie Mac is searching for a Risk & Controls Manager - Multifamily Fraud to join the Risk & Controls group. The successful candidate will use strong project management and investigative skills, support the management and assessment of Multifamily Financial Fraud operational risk, including engagement with other Freddie Mac lines of business to ensure Multifamily is compliant with the Enterprise Policy on (1) Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) as determined by the US Treasury and (2) Financial Fraud.
The Hired Candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Independently conduct financial crimes investigations
- Independently determine and develop an approach to solutions
- Analyze complex financial data, summarize results clearly and succinctly
- Perform leadership role. Interact with internal business partners, senior management and other personnel on matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understand, analyze and evaluate federal regulation relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ AML and OFAC
- Provide initial assessment and prioritization of fraud tips received, recommend investigative steps to the Multifamily Fraud Director.
- Conduct independent investigations on a timely basis, leveraging internal and external information; ability to obtain and clearly present the facts, assess risk to Freddie Mac
- Understand critical processes and functions within each department within the Multifamily business line, formulate anti-fraud strategies for each department
- Partner with Multifamily business process owners and other corporate divisions (2nd Line of Defense and Legal) to prevent, detect, investigate, and resolve fraud related activity
- Work with Multifamily business process owners and other internal business partners to evaluate the effectiveness of the MF Division fraud program.
- Analyze, document and monitor issues, including root cause analysis, control failure identification, level of significant assessment for deficiencies and remediation plans
- Recommend resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems.
- Assist the MF Fraud Director with preparation of materials and logistics of mandatory annual Fraud/AML training for the MF Division
- Maintain the Multifamily Fraud/AML risk assessment
- Typically has 8-10 years in operational risk management; with 5-7 years of experience in financial services
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in accounting, finance or business
- 3-5 years of related experience with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) or Know Your Customer (KYC) programs required
- 4+ years of operational risk management experience
- 2+ years of people management experience required
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (including Excel V-lookups, pivot tables, complex filtering of data, generate graphic report of results and Visio, PowerPoint)
- Analyze financial data, identify patterns, inconsistencies, and unexpected results; facilitate root cause analysis
- Works under limited direction; independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- Ability to work well in team settings as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- CAMS, CFE or similar certification
- Risk advisory experience at a Big 4 firm is preferred
- Understanding of Risk Management methodologies and Operational Risk Assessments
- Proven experience operating at high standards of quality and accuracy within a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills; capable of succinctly presenting complex subject matter
- Prior mortgage industry or financial services experience, preferably in commercial lending operating practices
Closing Statement Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.