CHI Franciscan Health
has an opportunity for an RN-Compliance Performance Improvement to join the team at St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma.
St. Joseph Medical Center, part of CHI Franciscan Health, has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach physical, emotional, and spiritual is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Coordinates regulatory compliance, performance improvement, and risk reduction initiatives/processes for a clinical service line or regional function at all locations to address and strengthen patient safety, utilization of clinical resources, and achievement of desired clinical outcomes that facilitate achievement of overall financial goals and business/patient satisfaction objectives.
Incumbents serve as project manager for a variety of management-level work teams, providing support, expertise, quality literature, theories of innovation and guidance in:
1) the application of accepted clinical quality improvement methodologies/tools; 2) data collection and statistical/operational analysis;
3) outcomes measurement;
4) risk assessment and reduction measures;
5) research and establishment of best practices;
6) documenting and implementing process improvements;
7) evaluating desired vs. actual clinical effectiveness, reporting outcomes at monthly Quality Assurance Performance Improvement meetings at each location, of performance improvement efforts and;
8) working with clinic staff to ensure survey readiness.
Incumbents are also accountable for maintaining current skills/knowledge of new clinical procedures/processes, patient care standards/practices, new/changing regulatory requirements, departmental policies/standards/procedures, patient safety goals and Joint Commission standards impacting matters within designated scope of responsibility; ensures that these factors are considered and integrated into performance improvement activities.Essential Duties
- Performs rounds to evaluate, analyze and access patient care activities in relation to FHS standards of care and applicable regulatory requirements specific to the assigned service line/function at all locations.
- Plans and conducts internal reviews/audits to ensure that department operations are conducted in compliance with all regulatory requirements/guidelines.
- Addresses risk management and regulatory issues/concerns relating to the assigned service line/function. Investigates and responds to grievances and patient complaints directly.
- Provides ongoing consultation and serves as a resource to physicians and hospital staff regarding the full spectrum of compliance issues. Prepares training materials and delivers staff development and in-service education relating to regulatory requirements, quality improvement principles, standards and tools and compliance issues.
- Develops and facilitates performance improvement team projects.
- Develops and maintains an automated database in response to data collection requirements and for use in improving, implementing, maintaining and documenting clinical quality and patient safety initiatives.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department s defined specific populations served.
- Performs related duties as required.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, intensive care, intensive care unit, maternal, psychiatric, registed, staff nurse, surgery, unit