Sales Engineer with motion control experience and Bay Area customer knowledge needed for expanding existing customer base and the development of long-term business relationships of new Direct, End User, and Distributor Accounts. Creativity and the capacity to sell the products and services offered to high-profile companies in Silicon Valley as well as the Entertainment, OEM, Machine Builders and Aerospace Industries. Ability to meet and exceed sales targets, negotiate large scale projects and contracts within corporate guidelines, network within organizations and provide accurate forecasting of key accounts. Territory includes: CA Bay Area, AZ, NV, OR, CO, ID, WY, WA, MTWhy work here?:
- German-engineered products with excellent reputation and quality, US presence for over 25 years!
- Use your creative thinking skills for custom products for your customers!
- Work from home office - fully outfitted by company!
- ?Generous base salary with monthly bonus/commission program!
- Commute to local office only once a week!
- Car allowance plus mileage for business usage!
- Call on high profile clients in Silicon Valley area
- Excellent benefits package!
- Meet sales targets working to achieve maximum sales in assigned territory through direct and affiliate (A, B, C distributor) channels
- Increase market share by calling on OEM accounts to promote and sell motion control products, communicate special programs, conduct educational seminars, collect competitive information and industry requirements
- Increase market share by calling on the distribution channel to promote and sell motion control products, communicate special programs, present marketing / advertising programs and new products
- Support territory users - coordinate support activities
- Negotiate delivery, availability and warranty within management guidelines; conduct follow up on orders
- Conduct customer education and product information meetings
- Compile customer general company information, contacts, project/ application information, and meeting notes into customer management database
- Provide accurate forecasting of key accounts
- Prepare written presentation, reports and price quotations
- Maintain accounts receivables in compliance with objectives
- Create customer sales programs
- Seek opportunities to enhance product knowledge and selling skills by participating in company sponsored training programs
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, products and markets for motion control products. Attend and participate in sales meetings, product training seminars and trade shows
- Demonstrated success in developing a territory / achieving sales goals; experience working with distributors, direct and with large OEMs
- Strong technical background in the motion control industry (precision gearbox/ servo automation)
- Understanding of servo system sizing (mechanical and electrical components)
- Ability to guide a customer technically to the best solution
- Ability to develop custom solutions when standard product may not fit
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficient with customer relationship software, especially Microsoft CRM
- Strong planning and organizational abilities utilizing latest technology preferably paperless approach to organization
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team by sharing informatio salesn and supporting company procedures and processes
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering with a specialization in Mechanical, Electrical, or Mechatronics or Bachelor s degree in Mathematics or Physics combined with relative automation experience; or equivalent working experience.
- 5 years working experience in industrial automation/servo automation demonstrated by a solid technical foundation and understanding of servo automation.
Associated topics: attorney, compliance, counsel, court, internal, lawyer, legal, legal affairs, llp, market