Contracts Administrator - Federal Contracts
Parsons is seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator. Successful candidate will manage all contract activity for a major market segment, including some travel to the client's offices or project site. The Contracts Administrator will participate in strategic planning activities for specific projects (e.g., risk assessment, bid/no bid analysis, participation in business plan development, etc.). Will also provide technical guidance to assigned personnel, and ensure proficiency and timeliness of contract administration. Collaborates with Sector, Division, and project management to ensure proper support in proposal preparation, as well as contract negotiations and administration.
US Citizenship - Required
Clearance - Top Secret Required
More specific responsibilities include:
- Negotiates contracts to include large services/engineering/construction management projects.
- Proposes alternative text/clauses to client contracts, as appropriate for the Company business.
- Ensures that the contract is thoroughly reviewed for legal, risk management, tax, and accounting issues prior to submitting to management for approval.
- Participates as a member of the negotiating team, consisting of business development and project management personnel, for establishing business terms and contract conditions.
- Monitors and administers the business provisions of assigned contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Advises the Contracts Manager regarding scope, financial, and risk issues of applicable contracts.
- Generates and maintains documentation for negotiations including change orders.
- Supports pricing throughout proposal process included ECPs.
- Follows through to ensure that contractual coverage is implemented.
- Prepares letters to clients requesting approvals and interpretations required to comply with the provisions of the contract.
- Collaborates with Procurement personnel on project subcontract and purchasing matters.
- Monitors project expenditures versus contract cost limitations. Prepares letters to clients notifying them of contract cost limitations and requirements for additional funds.
- Prepares project/facility acceptance documents and follows through to ensure acceptances are approved by the client.
- Collaborates with Program Control and PM to furnish business and financial information requested by the client, as delegated by the Project Manager.
- Identifies contractual problems and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Follows up on problems demanding management attention to ensure a timely response to the client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience and Education
4-year Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field required
Minimum 6 + years of prime contract administration experience is required, including demonstrated experience performing in a lead capacity
Proficiency in the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and its supplements, industry business practices, and the negotiation of prime contracts.
Familiarity with PC software packages typically associated with contract administration.
Proof of US citizenship required
Top Secret clearance required
Associated topics: business, compliance department, compliance office, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, courtroom, lawyer, legal affairs, market