**Local CA Candidates ONLY; No Relocation Available**W2 ONLY 12 Month ContractDuties:
The person in this position will be responsible for to assess, analyze, draft, review, negotiate and finalize third-party and vendor contracts for assigned departments for the purpose of procuring goods and services for primarily our client, but potentially also its affiliates. This position is in our client s Contract Services Group within the Contracts & Compliance department, a part of our client s Global Pharma Procurement. This position includes: evaluating, coordinating and expediting activities between our client and external vendors, and ensuring compliance to policies (procurement, legal, regulatory, financial) that govern the conduct of our client s activities.Tasks include:
- Conduct compliant, though and appropriate assessment, analysis, drafting, review, negotiation and issuance of assigned contractual documents while adhering to required timelines.
- Protect our client s interests through thoughtful application of risk and risk tolerance by the requesting department in negotiation of the most favorable contract terms in compliance applicable to our client s polices (legal, regulatory, procurement, financial).
- Ensure regular, timely and thorough communication with all internal parties throughout the contract negotiations and provide though information to contract requestors regarding final negotiated terms deviating of potential importance or risk.
- Ensure timely, accurate and thorough data entry into departmental systems and databases.
- Oversee and approve contracts developed by contractors or third-party drafters and act as first line contact for issue escalation for any contract related issues.
- Apply extensive knowledge and understanding of the legal issues and requirements that impact the business.
- Serve as primary internal contact and reviewer for assigned agreements; facilitates contract review and conducts negotiations with external vendor.
- Work independently to mentor other team members and internal business partners as needed on contract issues.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide direction, training, and assistance with decision making to business partners regarding good business procedures and contract business terms; shares best practices and feedback on contract matters with C&C colleagues (including external vendors as applicable).
- Identify and manage areas of risk both in the establishment of contracts and in the operation of the contracts and the relationship with the outside vendors.
- Participate in team meetings and other forums.
- Follow all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of all activities; is accountable for being fully knowledgeable of all relevant policies and for abiding by these.
- Demonstrate leadership among peers by applying and modeling appropriate compliance, behavior and conduct.
- Must be able to work without appreciable direction; exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Accountable for delivery against service level agreement(s) established with the internal business partner.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Thorough knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to the pharma industry
- Strong leadership skills as demonstrated through performance or based on previous positions of leadership
- Comprehensive knowledge of contracting process
- Proven experience in functional and/or team leadership skills
- Proven track record for delivering strategic initiatives within timelines and budget constraints
- Excellent business acumen
- Skilled at influencing peers, stakeholders and senior management
- Proven track record in change management
- Proven experience working collaboratively on cross-functional teams to achieve collective goal(s)
- Ability to tactfully but successfully push business partners to provide required information
- Written and spoken fluency in English and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor level University degree, preferably in science or business.
- 6+ years related work experience, of which 3 years are contract related experience (e.g. legal, contract management and administration); preferably with experience gained in the pharmaceutical, biotech or other related industry.
- MBA, JD or other graduate-level degree is a plus