Whether you're developing the back end infrastructure for a single app or a large-scale distributed system you'll be thinking big, because the only place our clients go is up. Whether it's in the cloud, on-premises, or somewhere in between, you'll spend as much time staying ahead of the technology knowledge curve as serving it up to our clients, using the very latest in in computing systems to serve hockey-stick growth with no bumps in the night.
Element 84 is looking for an experienced software engineer to support multiple projects, ranging from Earth science data to video streaming. This engineer will work with a small, high caliber team to create and debug features for complex operational systems to ensure they operate and scales smoothly.
- Working experience with serverless technologies in AWS, Google Cloud or other widely used Cloud Platform, Google Cloud or other widely used Cloud Platform
- Willingness to support 24x7 operations (with help, of course!) as needed
- 5+ years of experience working in software development, 3+ years working with Cloud Technologies
- Experience working with an Agile Development software team
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools (Nagios, New Relic, Splunk, etc.)
- Strong experience with SQL and/or NoSQL
- Strong experience with Linux environments
- Working understanding of container technologies such as Docker
- Experience with web server technologies (Nginx, Puma, Unicorn, and/or Tomcat)
- Experience with web security
- PCI or HIPAA experience
- Experience with build and deployment automation (Bamboo, TeamCity, and/or Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Ability to clearly document and communicate architectural concepts at multiple levels
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
Paying attention to who we are -- as a company, as people, as family members, friends, and colleagues, is probably the biggest part of who we are. There are lots of ways to run a company and you have probably experienced more than your share. For us, it's wanting to come to work, being around people we enjoy, taking on big things with people you trust, and sharing our achievements as a team.
- You'll get credit when things go right and we'll have your back when things go wrong.
- We only take on work that is challenging and right for us. There are projects we will turn down and the team has a say.
- We may be a small company, but we have big company benefits meant to support the idea that we're here for the long term and that happiness comes from much more than just where you work, including 401k, health & dental insurance, life & disability insurance, flexible schedule, cell phone stipend, flexible spending accounts for transportation and dependent care and a generous PTO policy.
Plus, a little happiness where you work too -- cinema displays, an award-winning candy bowl, amazing restaurants, and a new office coming soon. We have an extraordinary retention rate because we only hire extraordinary people. We hope that's you.
Associated topics: healthcare, industrial, itunes, product, science, software, software architect and senior engineer, software development, software development engineer, software engineering