About the company As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with nearly 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
The Senior Director of Operations will oversee all aspects of a multi-shift, 300k square foot e-commerce operation by providing leadership to 100-400+ employees, ensuring flawless performance and results, executing functional business plans and contributing to the development of operational strategies throughout the supply chain. Responsible for maintaining effective and efficient service to customers with a focus on quality, productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee relations.Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading and directing all phases of site operations including: production, quality control, maintenance, receiving, picking, packing and shipping
- Develops, monitors, and implements processes required to effectively manage company's current activities and operations as well as its plans for growth
- Responsible for financial analysis of operational budget and costs and aggressive management of expenses
- Manages the facility P&L
- Forecasts data to determine company progress towards Key Performance Indicator goals and objectives
- Oversees internal workflows and organizational development; directs and oversees all staff-related activities
- Responsible for peak season readiness and volume management
- Coordinates with client and senior staff to identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement processes to reduce costs and increase and/or improve quality
- Ensures that employees and managers have the required safety training and are consistently working in a safe manner; assists with developing and implementing safety programs to reduce accidents and injuries
- Work with customers and representatives of transportation companies to evaluate and promote services
- Improve productivity through efficient scheduling, vendor performance, adherence to standard operating procedures, and implementation of new service-oriented schedules
- Develops and maintains operations business plans to include all customer/company requirements, labor hours, equipment and facility costs, etc.
- Ensures operational procedures are followed for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met
- Reviews operating reports. Identifies and directs the resolution of operational, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Demonstrated expertise in an e-commerce/distribution environment
- Bachelor degree or above in Supply Chain Management (or comparable work experience)
- 10 + years of progressive management level operational experience
- Must have experience in a high volume facility
- End-to-End Supply Chain Knowledge (transportation, warehouse/distribution, ERP and logistics software, customer relations & compliance, budget creation & management)
- Experience with Change Management and Lean Principles.
- Must have knowledge of current industry best practices and process improvement
- Competitive Executive Base
- Bonus Program
- Full Executive Benefits
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Associated topics: chief executive, chief executive officer, chief information officer, chief technology officer, co founder, director, president, senior director, vice president