Western Union ischanging. Yes, were the company that moves money around the world quickly andreliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000locations bringing immense distribution convenience toour consumers. But wereon the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferredfinancial services provider for the underserved billions of people andbusinesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuingdigital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored valuecard strategies that meet the needsof todays global consumers and businesses. So, if youre looking for a companyon the move and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planetthen Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we areseeking a Senior Information SecurityAnalyst, Application Development based at Western Unions Global Headquarterslocation in Englewood, Colorado and soon to be Denver, Colorado.
Are you looking for anopportunity that utilizes your application development experience while alsohelping you focus in application security?In this role, you will be the subject matter expert for encryptionsolutions within the Information Security team. You will support the WUencryption strategy by working directly with application developers and othervarious IT development teams. Youll bethe driver for encryption solutions that range from traditional on-prem tocloud to hybrid implementation: with the focus on encryption of data-at-restvia application layer encryption.
Sound interesting? Hereare some specifics:
- Partner with application development teams to provide guidance on thedevelopment of application layer encryption
- Perform code reviews and certification, at times writing the codeyourself
- Serve as a technical expert for enterprise security applicationdevelopment
- Manage, review and build key management systems
- Assist with strategic initiatives around future security infrastructureand tools such as cloud security, data encryption, and key management
What you will need tosucceed:
- We recommend at least 3years of application development experience with development and code review usingJava, and .Net languages and at least 6 years of related experience
- Familiarity with multi-tieredweb application development, APIs, and microservices preferred
- Bachelors degree is required; Bachelors/Masters degree related to computerscience, information systems, or equivalent experience preferred
- Industry developmentcertifications preferred, e.g. Oracle Certified Professional, Java Programmer,MCSD, MCPD
- Industry security certificationspreferred, e.g. SANS (GSSP-Java, GSSP-.NET), ISC2 CSSLP
- AWS certifications preferred,e.g. AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS Certified Security Specialty,
- Strong experience with web technologies (scripting, SSL, HTTP/S)and their security requirements
- Experience with SIEM, event correlation technologies preferred
- Experience with Linuxoperating systems preferred
- Experience with Gemaltosuite - Key Secure ProtectApp and AWS KMS
- Experience with AWSNative encryption
- Experience developingwith AWS encryption SDKs
- Experience with allversions of Microsoft Windows, Active Directory and LDAP
- Experience withencryption key management and life cycle for data at rest
- Experience with various network, DNS, web, VPN and perimeterprotection technologies preferred
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, network packets analysis, firewalltechnology, IDS/IPS technology preferred
- Knowledge of the typesof encryption keys and their implementation
- Familiarity withregulatory encryption requirements: PCI, GDPR, NYDFS
- Ability to collaboratewith technical and vendor personnel, cloud service providers.
- Ability to communicatetechnical security requirements to business units and implement security plans.
- Ability to program in shell / scripting languages, SQL query andmanipulation would be a plus
- Must be availableoccasional off-hours on-call to support developed applications
Western Union (WU) is acompany on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things canhappen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near andfar, or NGOs in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people andbusiness move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and arecontinuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to sendand receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have acombined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries andterritories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer andothers play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the WesternUnion team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks andquickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and findingways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global teamof over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It meansbeing driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference on a global stage.Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversityare fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision dependson people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your uniquepoint of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. Wed love toexplore that possibility!
Western Union is proudto be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed toequal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex(including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteranstatus, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status orother protected category.#LI-DNP
Associated topics: bank, fiduciary, financial advisor, investment, merchant service, mortgage, payment, personal banker, risk management, stock broker