Employer Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
This position functions as part of a dynamic team of analysts in the US-based Security Operations Center for Employer. Analysts monitor and investigate anomalous network activity and alerts, participate in advanced threat hunting, and triage/mitigate threats.
- Monitoring and analysis of alerts and anomalous network activity
- Initial triage of events/incidents
- Conduct analysis and triage activities
- Implement appropriate mitigations
- Present incident briefs, updates, and associating reports
- Mentor Tier-1 Analysts
- Develop Use-Cases in support of advanced threat hunting
- Provide occasional on-call support
- Recommend process improvements
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor s Degree in Cyber Security, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of combined experience in cybersecurity, security engineering and/or architecture, security operations, or related fields
- 6+ years of general IT related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Networking (TCP/IP, OSI Model, Wireless, Routing and Switching)
- Experience applying Cyber Security concepts and best practice
- Advanced Knowledge of OS s (Windows, MAC, Linux variants)
- Advanced understanding of attack vectors
- Excellent organization and communication skills
CSA+, Network+, Security+, GSEC, GCIH, GMON, ECSA or related certification(s) a plusEmployer is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: forensic, identity, information assurance, information security, information technology security, malicious, protect, security, security analyst, security officer