Placed within the Corporate Treasury team, The Senior Treasury Analyst is a key member of the Treasury decision-making team, and will work closely with business units across the organization including Corporate Finance, Controllership, Legal and Audit to drive projects, opportunities and process improvements
The Senior Treasury Analyst will participate in the execution of the Company s financial risk management program. The program includes the identification, assessment, response, monitoring and control of various types of financial risk, including but not limited to currency, interest rate and counterparty risk.
The Senior Treasury Analyst is responsible for the implementation of Treasury initiatives, providing leadership and coordination with business partners.
The role requires knowledge and experience of Treasury systems with a primary focus on Wall Street Systems (WSS) and processes, including interaction with internal and external entities.
Key Treasury Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and develop consolidated reporting of balance sheet FX exposures. Assist in the monitoring and review of exposures to effectively mitigate FX transactional risk and resulting income statement volatility.
- Perform required analysis for proposed and implemented business processes to determine feasibility and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with business units to understand and design solutions for their treasury, cash management, and related system accounting requirements.
- Participate in the delivery of large / cross-functional development projects; including scope, schedule, risk, issues and budget.
- Establish and sustain strong on-going relationships with business partners in Finance, Legal, and Audit
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks as dictated by business needs while meeting strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills the ability to work with stakeholders in a professional and competent manner.
- Build and develop forecast models to more accurately predict balance sheet exposures by sales region and currency.
- Assist in the execution of the Company s Financial Risk Management Program, specifically with regards to Foreign Exchange.
- Provide support for the ongoing management of the Company s inter-company settlement process.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field or relevant work experience required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Advanced proficiency in Wallstreet Treasury Management System desired
- Advanced proficiency in Hyperion, Oracle E1, and SAP desired
- 8+ years of Corporate Finance experience
- Ability to interact with geographically dispersed teams
- Highly organized/detail-oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Expert understanding of Treasury/Accounting processes, experience of Treasury Management Systems and Cash Management processes
- Experience in the development and implementation of financial systems, processes and procedures.
- Expert with Microsoft suite including MS Project, knowledge of MS Visio
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Some travel may be required
- Should be prepared to adopt a flexible approach to work outside normal hours, when required
Associated topics: analyze, business analyst, financial reporting analyst, forecasting, government, inspect, investment banking, legal, monitor, refine