To assist in the execution of the vision, strategic direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic, business technology projects. To help define the reference and implementation architectures for strategic, business technology projects. To persuade and influence Business and Information Technology (IT) leaders on the architectural direction for strategic, business technology projects.
Corporate Systems is looking for a Solutions Architect to support our Office of the General Council business.
Key responsibilities and skills include:
- Support on vendor evaluations for eDiscovery, Financial crimes, etc.
- Foundational knowledge in systems development and cloud architecture
- The solution architect should have solid understanding on system architecture, including UI, services, data and infrastructure.
- Must be capable of conceptualizing and influencing application and make recommendation on vendor selection
- Deep data domain knowledge covering retail systems. This is the core skill needed.
- Breadth in established and emerging data query tools: The architect should be experienced in SQL and NoSQL databases, unstructured data in cloud environment.
- Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, business technology projects, with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilizes domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs.
- Utilizes a broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Within area of responsibility, continuously pursues strong knowledge of business technology solutions and maintains understanding of applicable technologies, tools, and services:
Establishes working relationships with appropriate business technology solution providers (e.g., Salesforce, Charles River, Reuters, etc.).
Leverages knowledge capital available through subscription research services that target business technology solutions (e.g., Forrester on Digital Business, Cutter on investment management, etc.).
Leverages the Internet and trade periodicals that focus on the contemporary, competitive, business technology issues within the financial industry.
Attends financial industry conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
- Defines reference and implementation application architectures.
- Produces technology roadmaps in support of SI s application portfolio vision and strategy.
- Monitors application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Ensures application implementation solutions support the business objectives (asset gathering, cost optimization, client loyalty improvement), as appropriate.
- Participates in governance team discussions and provides a strong voice on critical decisions.
- Establishes relationships with senior IT and Business leaders for the purpose of advancing proposed application architecture solutions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years relevant work experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.