When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist will draft, assemble, and file original documentation and submission materials for new or existing products to regulatory authorities to assure that all submissions are accurate, of high quality and well supported by literature and regulatory foundations, are presented in a manner to facilitate review, and are in conformance with appropriate statutes, regulations, and guidelines
- Track submissions, initiating internal communications and activities to adequately respond to agency inquiries and requests.
- Represent Regulatory Affairs on assigned project teams through all phases of product development; communicate regulatory requirements and the impact of regulations to the development team to ensure compliance for global product development, labeling, and/or promotional issues.
- Attends product development team meetings that include, but are not limited to marketing requirement reviews, system requirement reviews, design reviews, hazard analysis/risk assessment reviews, timeline development/reviews, and V & V reviews.
- Develops the regulatory strategy for project team(s).
- Applies advanced regulatory expertise to the evaluation and solution of submission problems.
- Actively reviews and edits documents associated with product development meetings.
- Independently review changes in products, product specifications, and manufacturing processes to assess regulatory implications of the change.
- Review and approve assigned product labeling, advertising and promotional materials, to ensure full compliance with all applicable FDA and other relevant regulations and industry guidelines.
- Responsible for vigilance activities, including filing and monitoring recalls/corrections/FSCA, incidents, and MDR s.
- Review and interpret scientific literature and summarize effectively in writing.
- Remain current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and industry trends.
- Ensure training and compliance with global quality system regulations.
- Maintains on-going surveillance and analysis of all pertinent domestic and international in vitro diagnostic and medical device regulations to ensure submission requirements world-wide are current, up-to-date.
- Ensures that information of such regulations and requirements, especially those that are new or modified, are distributed to appropriate personnel.
- Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Prepares documents necessary for new product market clearance, approval, and continuance during product life cycle management that includes, but not limited to, 510Ks, supplements, and technical files for CE marketing
- Bachelor s degree in Biology, Chemistry, bio-engineering or related scientific area
- 7 years of IVD Regulatory Affairs experience to include either 510(k) or PMA Submissions
- Well versed/knowledgeable in the aspects of regulatory strategy creation, design control, cGMP/Quality Systems, and import/export requirements
- Experience as the RA representative on project core teams providing active and successful regulatory guidance and RA strategies
- Experience in the balance and application of regulatory requirements
- Direct and positive experience in communicating with Regulatory Authorities and Distributors
- Regulatory review experience of promotional marketing materials, press releases, labeling, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to provide scientific presentations
- Ability to compile data and summarize results
- Hands-on, action-oriented, and able to implement effectively through his/her team
- Continuous improvement minded; familiar with balancing the need for Quality and the need for efficiency
- Able to work autonomously in a matrix-managed organization
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Post-market experience in ISO 13485
- Experience in Companion Diagnostics