Social Interest Solutions (SIS) is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization dedicated to leveraging technology innovation to improve consumers quality of life. Our signature One-e-App technology platform enables individuals and families to efficiently identify, access, and enroll in eligible public and private health and social services. Other SIS products help consumers and the organizations and agencies serving them connect to benefits and services and operate more effectively and efficiently. Sr. Security Analyst | Sacramento, CA
A technically savvy Sr. Security Analyst with experience with intrusion detection and SEIM systems needed to join an existing HIPAA/NIST 800-53 security team in the Sacramento area. This position will be involved in creating and maintaining of a security operations program for IDS/IPS SEIM program as well as being heavily involved in the architecting and maintaining of a next-generation network security program.
- Create and manage a process for operating and continually improving an intrusion detection/prevention program
- Investigate and document IDS/IPS alerts
- Provide consultation on security findings
- Participate in the administration of cyber security applications, servers and devices
- Participate in managing the remediation of cyber security findings
- Participate in maintaining required documentation and deliverables
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline. Or equivalent work experience.
- A Microsoft certification such as MTA, MCSE or MCSA
- Splunk Power User certification
- CISSP, GIAC or CEH
- Documented experience with IDS/IPS programs
- Strong network experience
- Security incident response/investigation experience
- Strong understanding of Windows security
- Ability to create and document processes and procedures
- Experience with FISMA/NIST 800-53 highly desirable.
- Experience with F5 and Palo Alto Networks high desirable
Associated topics: defense, defense contractor, electronics surveillance, intelligence, navy, security, security terrorism, subject matter expert, top secret with sci, wargame