$3B SEC Food Manufacturer Oak Brook, IL Salary Commensurate with ExperienceThe Sizzle
Note from Hiring Manager
- Company has experienced tremendous growth over the past few years creating opportunities for upward mobility.
- Company culture encourages employee growth personally and professionally.
- Establish your career with one of the top executive teams in the industry!
Position Summary of Senior Compliance Analyst
- CPA preferred.
- Big 4 experience preferred.
Seeking Senior Compliance Analyst to establish effective SOX control structures for newly acquired entities and implementation of system changes. The Senior Compliance Analyst will work with management to design and enhance controls and business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. The analyst will also assist in the establishment and on-going management of an effective SOX self-assessment program. Other duties include conducting and leading business process improvement and redesign projects to advance the effectiveness and efficiency of financial and operations processes. Minimum Education & Experience of Senior Compliance Analyst
Duties & Responsibilities of Senior Compliance Analyst
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 4+ years of internal audit or public accounting experience preferred.
- SOX experience and SAP knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan and execute SOX projects.
- Understanding of COSO, risk assessment practices, and technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, critical thinking, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance and effectively as a part of a team on multiple projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of auditing techniques and project management.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Evaluate control design effectiveness and make recommendations to enhance controls and business processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop risk and control framework.
- Create process flow charts and control test plans.
- Perform initial control operational effectiveness testing.
- Provide on-going guidance for implementation and remediation of controls and lead periodic update meetings.
- Conduct and lead preparation of planning documents and request lists.
- Direct project opening and closing meetings and develop work papers and prepare reports to document findings.Plan, track, and monitor SOX compliance processes and assist control owners in resolving issues.
- Provide status updates to management and prepare agendas and meeting materials.
- Maintain SOX portal and provide user training, initiate self-assessments, and evaluate results.Participate in general compliance activities including legal and regulatory compliance.
Associated topics: attorney, company, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, court, courtroom, legal, legal affairs, legal department