- The primary objective of this position is to develop and manage a global trade compliance program. He/She is a subject matter expert for all issues related to import / export customs operations, compliance audit processes, product classification and international supply chain planning and risk assessment from a customs compliance perspective
- This individual will support Corporate and Divisional initiatives by managing customs partners and delivering customs support to all company facilities globally in the area of Customs Trade Compliance and other identified compliance areas including Continuous Customs Bonds, NAFTA, etc.
- This position will act as the lead in resolving any customs problem in the international business realm in conjunction with legal department, while improving the efficiency and effectiveness of timely imports and exports.
- Develop and manage a global trade compliance program to include manuals, procedures, standard work instructions and training
- Import, export, NAFTA, and foreign to foreign trade compliance oversight
- C-TPAT, ISF and other federal program compliance
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification and program implementation at the material master level including country of origin information
- Global customs program management to include domestic and international brokerage and the portfolio of business partners providing these services.
- Maintain precise up- to -date knowledge of current export/import laws and regulations including working knowledge of EAR, AES including a comprehensive knowledge of NAFTA.
- Ensure 100% compliance to government regulations for cross border activities. Interpret customs laws, rules, and regulations and prepare applications for export control. Complete internal audits to ensure corporate compliance and facilitate ease of the audit process. Develop and maintain a reference book to illustrate changes made in the process and design over time documenting dates and actions.
- Executes customs strategies that directly support operations and growth plans - following lean six sigma DMAIC methodology with supporting implementation project plans. Works cross-functionally with regions to establish and review customs service KPIs, Ensures performance scorecards are being met.
- Act as liaison with Sales, product line management, and Procurement on selecting the correct INCO terms for exports and imports that optimize benefits for Tate & Lyle.
- Provide expertise to logistics teams in designing product distribution network to leverage existing global and regional trade agreements for maximum benefits.
- Manage the NAFTA certifications and distribute to purchasers of products.
- Maintain HTS numbers and descriptions as needed to ensure proper product classifications. Manage appropriate implementation in SAP in a timely manner to maintain compliance.
- Review broker invoices and brokerage entries for accurate charges and customs compliance.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in customs trade compliance including export shipping (ocean, rail and air) and documentation, filing AES (Automated Export System) and selecting appropriate HTS classifications.
- Experience in working in companies where international trade is a critical part of business success
- Bachelor's degree required, preferable in International Business, Logistics or Business Administration.
- Proven background in developing and implementing strategic plans following lean six sigma methodologies
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Has the ability to promote a free flow of information and communication throughout the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating conflict management and resolution skills
- Ability to manage complex and competing priorities
- Customer oriented and relation skills
- Substantial attention to detail and critical thinking while being able to think strategically
- Energetic self-starter with ability to help lead change (action oriented/results driven)
- Ability to speak foreign language a plus.
- Experience with Custom Audit inquiries
- Customs Brokers License a plus
- MBA a plus
- Proficient in SAP, MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
20% travel required (international)
Tate & Lyle is a global provider of distinctive, high quality ingredients and solutions for the food, beverage and other industries. Though our large-scale, efficient manufacturing plants, we use innovative technology to turn raw materials into distinctive, high quality ingredients for our customers. These ingredients add taste, texture, nutrition and increased functionality to products that millions of people around the world use or consume every day. www.tateandlyle.com
Associated topics: compliance, compliance department, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, courtroom, lawyer, legal, llp, market