(Major Insurance Carrier)
Worker's Compensation Claims Supervisor / Team Lead
Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Position + Base Salary (100-120K)+ Bonus + Full Benefits
- Acts under the direction and authority of the Branch Claims Manager to facilitate the oversight of workers compensation complex and litigated claims. This includes direction and oversight of investigation, evaluation, reserving and overall handling of complex and litigated claims. Assists with the overall management of complex Workers Compensation matters focusing on providing high quality, cost effective resolutions and litigation management.
- Establishes and authorizes timely and adequate case reserves within delegated reserve/settlement authority. Provides appropriate recommendations to management where reserve evaluation exceeds delegated authority.
- Supervises and reviews the performance of all outside counsel; provides analysis and recommendation to Claim Manager and Home Office.
- Is responsible for maintenance of the office suit log, resolution of disputes with outside counsel, and timely payment of legal bills.
- Oversees Legal Cost Containment initiatives working internal and external resources.
- 7+ years progressive experience in California workers compensation claims handling and management, with emphasis on superior litigation management skills An in depth working knowledge of California workers compensation claim handling laws, procedures and protocols is required.
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university is required. IEA certification or SIP certification is preferred. A JD degree is a plus
Associated topics: attorney firm, client, court, courtroom, divorce, law firm, law office, legal, legal affairs, litigation defense firm